Some editing tips
Editing multiple files in Notepad++
- Open window explorer
- Point to the folder you want to open
- select files to edit on the right pane
- Control-A to select all
- Control-click(mouse)/touchpad to select indivual files
- Shift-click(mouse)/touchpad to select group of files
- Right click
- Select edit with notepad++
- All files selected will be opened simultenesly.
- After you've completed the editing for each file
- Contol-S to save
- Contol-W to close the current window.
- Repeat till the last document.
Editing a bunch of text like changing all the <p> to <li>
- Control-F and fill in <p>
- Click Replace and fill in <li>
- Click Replace All
If only some but not all of the p in the file require changes:
- copy text you want to change
- Control-N to open new window
- Control-V to paste
- Repeat step 1 till 3
- When done, copy and paste the amended text to source file.