Lesson 2 - Earnings
Did you enjoy the previous lesson?
In this exercise, you'll be learning a faster way of coding and it is especially useful when you are coding a long article.
There's no new HTML elements added in this lesson, so coding is pretty much the same as before; only one h1 for the heading and the rest are <p> and </p>
Go to same url as last lesson - 03.websdiy. This term you'll open up the earning.html file by clicking the earnings disclaimer found at the bottom of the page.
- As before copy all the text on that page by pressing Control-A
- Copy and paste to a new Notepad
- Save it as lesson2.html
- Now the hand coding begins here...
- Code the first line EARNINGS AND INCOME DISCLAIMER under h1 ( you should be able to do this line without help this time )
- Type <p> at the top of the first paragraph ( the paragraph below the h1 heading
- Type </p><p> on the blank link between the first and second paragraph.
- Copy </p><p> (Control-C) and paste it to next blank line between each block of text
- Repeat Control-V on each blank line.
- Type </p> at the end of the last paragraph.
- Save the file
This is how it should look like:
- The line after heading 1 is <p>
- The line after the last paragraph is </p>
- The rest in between each paragraph is </p><p>
Now if you have a website under development, you may want to copy this file and save it under you new website and named it earnings.html, disclaimer.html or income-disclaimer.html or whatever filename it want it to be.
Of course, the file is not complete. We'll able to complete it in lesson 5.